I took advantage of some "free" days this week and sewed to my hearts content! Yay! Of course, that means that a few other things around the house were neglected, but who cares, right?! LOL
I finished my Charming Stars top....it's not as big as I originally planned, but you know sometimes when a project tells you it's done? This one was screaming STOP! I had a really hard time with color placement and it was bugging me so much I was starting to not enjoy the project at all. This line of fabric has lots of repeats and quite a few fabrics in the same colorway or just a shade off...to me, that makes it difficult to get an even look. I tend to get a little OCD about same fabrics touching or being too close to each other, etc. I think that's why I prefer working with "scraps," rather than one particular line of fabric or precuts. Anyway...once I made the decision to STOP making blocks and assemble the top, I was happy and started to LOVE the project again. :) Also, you'll notice I didn't sash it. It was too much "white" with these colors/fabrics. I think I'll use flannel for the back to make it super cozy for winter snuggling. :)
I also finished another "Sew Together" bag. This one is a birthday gift for a friend...and yes, these are pictures from inside the car. I finished the hand-stitching part of the binding during a recent road trip and mailed it that same day! I -never- wait until the last minute...nope. :P
Just a pic of the inside....
NEXT...I wanted to start the next Schnibbles project, which is "Harvey." Harvey is actually a BIG quilt by Schnibbles standards....he measures 72" square. Well, I just didn't need another BIG quilt at this point....and since I'm trying to use just stash, I knew I wouldn't have yardage for a big quilt either. So...I decided to make a mini-Harvey. Mine measures 18" square. I used a little stash of Civil War reproductions for the neutrals and I had a one yard piece of the brown for the background. I'm pretty happy with it and even happier that I used what I had. I made the 1" HST with the EZ Angle ruler and it went together perfectly, it took just a little more than one day to assemble! Also, the original pattern doesn't have HST go all the way around the final border. I had LOTS of them leftover (and still do!). I have a brown/black stripe that I plan to bind it with...but I'm still unsure how to quilt it.
Last but not least is my Primitive Gatherings Sew Along project. I finally caught up with the 4th installment. I always think, "hmmm" when I see what she's chosen for the next round...but then once I get it all completed and added to my top, I love it! I also love that it's been completely assembled with scrap/stash fabrics too! Can't wait to see what's next!
Fall is almost gone here in Wyoming...I took this picture four days ago, and the leaves are almost completely gone now. We woke up to frost covering everything this morning too. Winter is quickly approaching!
Today is a "clean up the sewing room" day...after all those projects, it looks like a tornado hit!