Friday, March 21, 2008

Friendship Quilt

Look what I put together over the last two days!

Last year, my best quilting buddies, Peggy and Robin and I exchanged these blocks made with 1930's repro fabrics. Each month was a different block and we made three...one for each of us.


I love how this top came together! I still want to add another border...but I need a trip to the LQS for fabric. Shucks!


It's much prettier in person...the colors seem a bit washed out from the flash. This is probably the brightest quilt I've ever made. I'm keeping this one! :)

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Michelle! And to see 30's fabrics set with black instead of the customary white is striking! Hope you bring it to retreat for "Show and Share"! I'd love to see it up close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Michelle!!! woohoo! Can't wait to see it in person at retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is nice! Did the others set theirs in black too? It would be interesting to see how it looks with different backgrounds. I don't blame you for keeping it - not only is it a beautiful quilt, but it is shared with your good friends. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, I love it. It's going to be stunning. Can't wait to see the last border. Yes, yes, bring it to retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!