Sunday, March 16, 2008

A little weekend sewing...

I attended a ladies retreat this weekend, so I didn't get to sew as much as I would have liked, but the retreat was great too. The guest speaker was author Marcia Ramsland. She had lots of great tips for simplifying your life and getting organized. She presented it in a way that made you feel you really could do it one small step at a time. I'm planning to implement a few of her ideas over the next few weeks.


This evening, I did finish the Be Attitudes Block for this month, "Be Positive." I love that little ant...Robin will be happy that he has eyes. :P I'm actually making two of these blocks each month. One for myself and one for my sister.








I also just have to add one picture of my sweet kitty, Whiskers. She likes to sit behind me while I sew. She shares a tiny bit of the front edge with me. If I get here first, she'll sit on the floor next to me and just stare until I finally scoot up and give her room to jump up. :P The other day, I got up and turned around and she just started loving on this quilt that was folded on the back of the chair. I think she wanted me to take her picture, don't you?

6 comments:

  1. Awww...what a sweet kitty kitty! Now if that's not the definition of a "blissful look" I"m not sure what is! LOL And thanks for putting eyes on that ant Michelle...blind ants might be ok at a picnic though..would make it harder for them to find your food ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the block. I can hardly wait to start on this quilt, although I am having a difficult time deciding on the fabrics I want to use. I have a collection of polkadots and they may find their way into the blocks. Whiskers is a cutie and shows great appreciation for your quilt. (Anyone else have trouble telling the Q from the G on these doggone word verification things? Sometimes the N, M and W are hard to tell too. Why can't they use simple to read fonts??? - going for my third try here, this one doesn't take, I am giving up!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Be positive block! I'm glad you mentioned the ant as I missed it the first time. Whiskers looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!!!!I love cats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "Be positive" block is beautiful! I have plans on making that quilt too, but I have not bought the pattern yet. It is still on my wishing and want to do list! And your cat is so cute. I looked back in your blog and found the picture of your cat on the ironing board, if you look back in my blog, you will find the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your "be positive" block. I'm starting that very same block today. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!