Thursday, March 27, 2008

Some finished projects....and snow!

We wished and hoped for snow all winter but all we had was rain, rain, and more rain for months on end. Here it is a week into "spring" and now we're more than ready for sunshine, warmer weather and being outside. What happens this afternoon? It snowed!! Ginormous flakes were coming down for about an hour or two....this picture was taken just as it started coming down. We ended up with only an inch or two of accumulation, but it was enough for the neighborhood kids to go out and build a snowman or two. Hopefully it will be gone by the morning. :P




I've been fighting a cold the last couple of days, so I haven't had the energy or desire to anything requiring much brain power. LOL I decided to pull out the stitchery project by Bea at Capricorn Quilts. I am much more pleased with my work on this block and I've decided to redo block one. I'm a little more comfortable with the embroidery stitches now, and I now I'll be happier by remaking block one.



I also finished sewing down the last two sides of binding on the 9 patch charity quilt in the picture below. I am taking these two baby/toddler quilts to retreat in May and they will be donated to the Crisis Pregnancy Center. The 9 patch quilt is made from swap blocks from one of the first swaps I participated in about 12 years ago! I've pulled some of the "good" colors out over the years...I remember taking all the pink ones out for a baby quilt at some point. So, these were kind of the left overs that I never really had a plan for. At first I thought it was going to be too "ugly" for a baby quilt, but I am actually really happy with how it turned out! It's very bright and busy! The homespun snowball quilt is really comfy cozy...perfect for cuddling!













Time for sleep!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for dropping by me blog. I've just had a very enjoyable look around on yours. Love the 'quilt inspectors' - great title. Your Be Attitudes blocks are gorgeous and love the Medallion quilt you showed. And very cute pincushions. Happy stitching.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are sweet little quilts. I'm sure they will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby quilts are wonderful. Our club makes baby quilts for a local hospital and it is a great way to try new quilt blocks without investing in a full size quilt. I think your quilts will be cherished by some fortunate child for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!