Sunday, March 09, 2008

Spring is on it's way!!






I am so ready for warmer weather, sunshine, and being outside enjoying the fresh air! These little beauties popped out early and every time I see them, I just have to smile and know that soon enough, the warm sunny days will be upon us!











Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers, I think because my Nana used to love them too and always wanted to go to a place called "Daffodil Hill" in California for her birthday in April. I don't often get the pleasure of planting them and actually being able to see the blooms. We frequently live in military housing and since bulbs and perennials take a couple of years to get established, we've usually moved on before they have a chance to bloom well. On the flip side, it's always a pleasant surprise at springtime to see what the previous occupants planted!

3 comments:

  1. NOTHING says spring like daffodils! All the years we lived in Florida I missed seeing them. The 4+ years in Georgia we had them in our yard and I don't think I saw any last spring in MN. I head home to visit Mom in a few days - there might just be daffodils in VA.

    The embroidery block is very cute. I've been playing around with some crazy quilting and some embroidery in the last few months and have really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Daffodils, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The daffodils are so pretty. I saw little sprouts from mine when the snow melted the other day. I'm ready for full blooms.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!