Sunday, April 27, 2008

No sewing to speak of...but a yummy recipe to share!

I'm in a bit of a sewing slump the last few days...I'm not sure what the reason is. I usually sew at least a little bit every day, but I've just not had the desire to this week. It happens to me occasionally and I know it will pass! My quilting buddy, Robin, said I'm saving my energy for the retreat we'll be going to in just a little over TWO WEEKS!!

I did take an applique class yesterday, but we spent so much time preparing our project, that I really don't have much to show just yet. There is so much prep work for applique! :P We meet again for the second part of the class in a couple weeks, so hopefully I can make some progress before the next session.

A few weeks ago, I came across a blogger that had a similar "no sewing" post and she decided she would show pictures of quilts she had made before her blogging days. I thought that was a neat idea, so I'm going to do the same! I made this quilt sometime around 2002-2003. It was a free online BOM from Claudia's Quilt Shoppe. Even though I'd been quilting off an on for a few years, it was one of the first "big" quilts I'd ever finished. Bonnie at Quiltville quilted it for me! For some reason, it's my favorite quilt ever! I'm not exactly sure why...I just have a special attachment to it. Do any of you feel that way about a particular quilt?

I made a new recipe for a neighborhood picnic today and it was a hit! There were lots of families there and LOTS of food/desserts to choose from...mine was the only dessert that was completely gone at the end of the evening. My sister's husband's family has made it for years, but I've never heard of it until a few weeks ago. It's super simple! Enjoy!






Chocolate Eclair Cake
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
4 cups milk
1 (16 ounce) package graham cracker squares
1 (16 ounce) package prepared chocolate frosting

DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend the pudding mix, whipped topping, and milk.
Arrange a single layer of graham cracker squares in the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan. Evenly spread half of the pudding mixture over the crackers. Top with another layer of crackers and the remaining pudding mixture. Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
Microwave the frosting for approximately 30 seconds. Stir well and pour/spread it over the whole cake up to the edges of the pan. Cover, and chill at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!