Thursday, April 10, 2008

Noodles and Stars

That title sounds like a can of Campbell's soup, doesn't it? :)

I love when my mailman brings me goodies...and UPS guy in this case. In today's mail, my Homespun Stars arrived...these are from a swap on Backporch Friends, a Yahoo group that I've been part of for years. I love them all and now I need to pick a setting for them....but I kind of like them just just like they are in the picture. Any ideas?

With the same group, I joined in on my first ever "noodle" swap. I'm sure most of you quilters out there know exactly what a noodle is...a 2.5" strip of fabric. There are tons of projects out there that use this size strip of fabric!

And finally, the UPS guy delivered my new iron! This is actually a replacement iron...my hubby bought me the Oliso iron for Christmas and I really loved it, but I did have a few issues with it not working properly. Oliso has great customer service and happily offered to replace it. I sent the old one back a couple of weeks ago and didn't really know when to expect the new one, so it was a nice surprise when it arrived today.

5 comments:

  1. Your homespun stars are GREAT!!! That's a snazzy new iron you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those stars! They look good like that...I could see them on point or with sashing also...have fun figuring it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stars look great. How about some sashing? What ever you do, they'll still look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love getting FUN pkgs. :)
    Love the noodles! I've done many noodle swaps. So fun. And tons of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhh I love mail days like these!! The Ohio stars are lovely, I'm sure they will look great however you decide to set them. Your quilts are just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!