Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sneak Peak....

Here's a sneak peak at a WIP of mine....I made a little progress on my Friendship Braid quilt this weekend. It's a little monotonous sewing these strips, especially as the braids get longer and difficult to handle. Add to it that the edges are one big bias nightmare. :) Also, I'm not really a "random" person, so I've got all the cut pieces in a bag and I'm trying to just reach in, pick one and sew it on without thinking too much about it. I've done okay, but I admit to throwing a few back in and picking a new one. I'm just trying to keep two alike fabrics from being right next to each other. I don't really have much left to sew, so the end is in sight! My plan is for this quilt to end up "lap" size. I really don't know what the measurements will be just yet because I'm not making it the same as the directions call for....I'm just sewing until the braids are as tall as I am, then I'll add borders as well.

I did some other sewing this weekend too, but I can't share much about it yet because it's a surprise for someone that reads this blog! :P I'll definitely take pictures and post something after the surprise is revealed. I accomplished quite a bit on the secret project and I'm happy about that!


Lastly, I just have to share another picture of my little kitties. Now that the weather is warmer, I recently refilled a birdfeeder in our little backyard (poor birdies starved over the winter I guess :P). This picture shows their new favorite past-time....bird watching! This window in on the second floor, so they are looking down, but they'll sit there for hours watching those birds. I don't think they'd know what to do if they ever were face to face with a bird....they are definitely pampered, indoor cats. They just like to pretend they are hunters. :)

7 comments:

  1. Your braids look good. I think I would struggle with random too. I like evrything to balance. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the braids Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful braids. I do love how you are measuring you quilt. Just as tall as you is the perfect size for a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The braid is neat. Keep on going! Love the kitty TV too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have more pictures of my pets than quilts...is this true for you too? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your nice visite on my blog. I love your braids, and actually tried making them for the first time today...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great braid quilt you have
    there...wonderful colors. That is one cute pictures of your kitties!!
    Nice to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!