Monday, April 21, 2008

Working on a UFO...

Last year, my LQS offered a $5 Block of the Month program...you know how it works, you start the year by paying $5 and you receive the first block. If you complete the block by the next month you get the next block for free. The quilt offered was Marti Michell's Ramblin' Rose Meets Jamestown. I actually made every monthly meeting and completed the whole quilt! Here's a picture of my top (not yet quilted)....it's not the best picture, but this thing is huge! It's so much prettier in person! I can't wait until it's quilted...it's going to be a gift for a special person in my life who shall remain nameless for now so as not to ruin the surprise. :)

Anyway, while I was making those blocks, I decided to pull from my stash and make a second block each month. I had made a blue and yellow quilt a few years ago and I have quite a few left over blue and yellow fabrics, so I decided that would be a perfect choice for another quilt. I started out well enough and made the first 8 blocks or so, but as the year went on, time got away from me and I stopped making that second block. So those blocks sat, but I didn't know what I would do with them anyway. Recently, I decided I wanted to make a graduation quilt for a family friend. With time getting short as the graduation approaches, I thought about any "UFO's" that I might be able to use and get a jump start on it. Well, what do you know! The blue and yellow quilt would be perfect! So I've spent the last couple of days making the last few blocks (there are a total of 12)...I love Marti Michell's templates. The blocks go together so nicely! Here is a slideshow of the blocks completed so far...enjoy!


Blue/Yellow WIP

4 comments:

  1. Oh my that quilt with the blocks from last years BOM is wonderful! I think you and I have similar taste in colors and style :cD Your blue and yellow block are awesome too. Can't wait to see the quilt they become!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great slideshow.....wonderful blue and yellow blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The BOM quilt is going to be beautiful in blue and yellow. Love your slideshow--fancy, fancy! My goal sometime soon is to get a Flick'r album with my quilts posted to my blog but have been too busy lately.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!