Monday, May 19, 2008

Home Again....

Wow...what a blast I had at retreat! I've been home for a little over 24 hours and I just can't stop thinking about it! I enjoyed it so much I can't wait to do it again. I don't think I really explained before that this retreat was with an online quilting group that I've been part of for about 5 years. I've gotten to know two of the gals especially well...Peggy and Robin. We've been quilting "pen pals" for a couple of years, but they've really become great friends! It was nice to meet all of the ladies and match up faces and names to these people I've known only online. :) Quite a few of them have blogs too...so check 'em out! Christie, Conni, Angela, Debi, Liz

One of the activities we had with the group was a pincushion swap. These are pictures of the ones I received...but also, my friend Peggy gave me two of these as a little giftie. She made the slice 'o cake and the prim rooster. I love 'em all!
I accomplished quite a bit while there...of course, I took many more projects than I would have time for, but I think I did pretty well. Robin brought a retreat project for the the three of us...we all made charm totes! Mine is made from my favorite Kansas Troubles fabrics. Peggy's was with Thimbleberries club fabrics and turned out really pretty. Robin's was from Moda's Chutes and Ladders fabric and was really cool too! Thanks Robin!!
I also completed a Thimbleberries project called Woodland Stars....it's not quilted yet, but I finished the top.


I had the blocks completed for this blue and yellow quilt, so I just needed to make the setting strips and sew them together. I am so pleased with how this one is turning out! I think I'll be putting two more borders on it, one thin yellow border and then another wider one, but I have to do some searching for the perfect fabric!

Next I made a Little Charmers runner using the Prairie Paisley charm pack. I love that fabric! It's yummy! :)
If you want to see pics of all the retreat gals and some of their show and tell quilts, you can look at my webshots pics...there is a lot of great quilts to see!

6 comments:

  1. WAAAAAAAAAAAAA I want to be back at retreat!!!!
    You really accomplished a lot Michelle. Great job on everything.
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna go back tooooo!!! LOL omg that was too much fun, we gotta do it again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo glad you made it! You are a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You got lots accomplished. Your quilts are lovely. We need more retreats in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so good to meet you face to face Michelle. Maybe someday we'll meet again when there isn't such a time difference. I don't think I answered one question without sounding like Porky Pig....dugudugudugu....that's all folks! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Retreat? WHERE? When? And not just because I'm getting hooked on pincushions, but because you gals look like you had fun! Peggy, is this somewhere near us?
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!