Monday, May 12, 2008

It's almost time!

Do you see the countdown clock over there? ---->
It's almost time for RETREAT!! I'm so excited to go on my first ever quilting retreat! I've been planning and gathering projects to take. One of the things I'm taking is a project I've been wanting to start, but just never got serious about it. It's the Pineapple Blossom quilt from Quiltville. I've been cutting up scraps, but I couldn't resist making a test block. Only 30 or 40 more to go! LOL I think this is going to be an ongoing project for a while.
I'm also taking a Thimbleberries wallhanging kit and a table runner kit...I think a few other things as well, but I can't remember what at the moment. I figure it's better to take too much, then to run out of stuff to do!


I hope you all had a Happy Mother's Day! I sure did! We also celebrated Zach's birthday on Saturday with friends and neighbors. It was a fun night and we planned on BBQing and being outdoors, but the rain wouldn't stay away, so everyone was inside. It was "cozy" but everyone had a fun time.









We are planning a graduation party for four friends that are all graduating High School this year. They weren't thrilled about lining up for their picture, but we finally got a smile out of all of them...and a few laughs. I just love this one of them all cracking up. They are all just wonderful young adults. It's bittersweet that not only are they all going their seperate ways for school, all of the families are all being transferred to new assignments as well. Ahh...such is the life of military families.

I better get back to preparing for retreat!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you about your retreat!! Hope you have a blast and I can't wait to see your projects. It was hard to go back to work today, I wanted to be sewing some more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are prepared to have a good time while getting tons of sewing done, because quilting retreats are the best! I love the picture of the four friends laughing.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!