Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Another finish....Laura's graduation quilt!

I finished this blue and yellow quilt and gave it to Laura last night! She seemed REALLY pleased with it and was completely surprised!

















I am very happy with how this quilt turned out. I love blue and yellow quilts and it really grew on me as it was coming together. I had a hard time picking a thread to quilt it with and finally picked a variegated blue. I got all set to quilt and discovered that my machine really didn't like that
brand of thread. I just couldn't get the tension right, no matter what I tried. So, with only a couple of days left before I needed to have it ready, I didn't know what I was going to do! I happened to have a spool of Robinson-Anton "Blue Eyes" cotton thread (I love RA threads for quilting), so I decided to give it a try and it turns out that it's perfect! After a couple months contemplating about thread, I ended up having the perfect thread right here at home all along! My friend Robin calls that "Serendipity!" :)

6 comments:

  1. Laura's quilt and Laura are both beautiful! Congratulations to both of you on your accommplishments. She looks very happy with her quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Michelle, Laura looks so happy...and so she should. The quilt is just stunning. You did a great job on the quilting.
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Michelle. Now that is quite a concept. Giving a gift at the time of the event, like a graudation and not three years later like I usually do! Good job. The quilt is beautiful. Laura's a cute girl and I love how she's giving her quilt a hug like she's never going to let it go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt, the colors are wonderful! it looks like your quilt will be well loved. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt - blue and yellow do make a great combination. I like the RA threads for quilting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous .This quilt est realy gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!