Sunday, June 22, 2008

The best laid plans....

Funny how life has a plan of it's own, huh? The last few weeks have been so hectic with travels, graduations, family visits, etc. I was really looking forward to this week because I had nothing on my schedule for the most part and I could get some projects finished up and start preparing for our upcoming move (more on that later).

Tuesday afternoon, my DH came home from work early not feeling well. By 10pm that night I took him to the ER because the abdominal pain had become unbearable. After an entire night spent in the ER, he was admitted about 8am the next morning with acute pancreatitis. He spent the next 4 days in the hospital recuperating. He was released yesterday (Saturday) and has improved greatly in the last 24-36 hours. I'm glad he's feeling better....pancreatitis is pretty painful and he doesn't want to go through that again!

It turns out, sitting in the hospital room is a great place to work on embroidery projects! LOL Travis kept worrying that I was bored, but I kept assuring him I didn't mind because it gave me time to sit and work on my projects. Sometimes it's hard to find time to embroidery at home because I get distracted easily. So while he dozed off and on (thanks to pain meds), I happily stitched along. I finished this block from Cinderberry Stitches Truly Scrumptious Quilt and made good progress on the second.
So here comes another week...let's see what life has planned! :)


4 comments:

  1. Glad your husband is on the mend - the embroidery is very cute and how nice you had something to keep you distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful, so glad it's over for you both. The silver lining though was a beautiful stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your husband is feeling better! Your stitchery is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!!!!!
    I haven't worked on mine in almost a week....going to have to pull them out.
    You do such nice work...
    Peg

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!