Saturday, June 14, 2008

Catchin' up....

(sorry about the edits...blogger is doing wierd things with the pictures)
I feel like I've been away forever and have sooo much to share. We spent a week in CA and the same day we got home, we had family come for a week long visit. Everyone has returned home now, so I feel like I can finally start getting back to some sort of normal!

Our trip to CA was awesome! As you probably know, the main purpose of the trip was to go see a taping of The Price is Right....We weren't able to take pictures inside the studio so our cameras were left in the car. I did snap this picture as we were getting in the car....you can see everyone is still wearing their nametags! (click for larger picture)Here is another picture of our nametags. :) We want to save them, but they are still sticky, so I just put them in a "safe" place until I figure out what to do with them.
In case you're interested, the show we were at will air on Tuesday, June 17th. We sat two rows behind "contestant's row," so I know we'll be on TV! We are all wearing "McChord AFB" t-shirts, some are red and some are blue.

Anyway, it was a fun experience and I'm so glad we did it. It was a long time dream of our son, Zachary's, so I'm glad we were able to make it happen for him. It's just a bummer he didn't get to be a contestant!! :)

So...we also went to Disneyland! How fun is Disneyland??!! We had a blast, of course, and rode all the rides (some more than once!). California Adventures is probably more fun because of the roller coasters. Here's a few pics:

Can't miss the Teacups when at Disney....


There was a Lego store in Downtown Disney...it was heaven for Zach. He's always been crazy for Legos, so he was like a kid in a candy store. :) By the way, he's wearing a Captain Jack Sparrow hat from Pirates of the Caribbean. He doesn't have dreadlocks in real life. :)

Time to go home.... :(


Last but not least....we had Zach's graduation party last weekend with 3 of his close friends and their families. There were about 60-70 guests and it turned out really well. One of the mom's had the idea to have the bakery transfer the picture of the kids on the cake!

Family Pic...Zach is the tall one!

I know this was a long post! Thanks for reading if you got this far...LOL. I have lots of quilty projects going on and deadlines coming up, so be watching for pictures.


4 comments:

  1. Great pictures Michelle! Sounds like you all had a great time on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Michelle!!! I NEED to go to California again one of these days....
    The graduation cake was so nice!!!

    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! You've been busy!! But looks like you had great memory times with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you won my contest and guessed the exact number of squares! :-) I posted the photo of what you won on my blog. Send me an e-mail with your address and I'll send off your prize asap! It's deirwin76@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!