Thursday, July 31, 2008

Final two....and a bit of a blogging break


I finished the last two Patchwork Party blocks! I'm itching to start the finishing kit too, but that will have to wait. As most of you know, we are a military family and this week we head out to the next adventure! This will be our 14th assignment in 23 years. Yes, that averages out to less than two years at each base. Two of those were three year assignments, the rest have been two years or less. There are lots of negatives to moving so much, but there are many, many more positives. I wouldn't change the past for anything. We have made so many friends throughout the years and seen many wonderful places.

So this week we are off to the next adventure, which is Idaho! It's a quick move...just one state over! But that's not the only change coming up...about 10 days after we move into the new house, we'll hit the road again and drive our son, Zach to Delaware for school. Needless to say, there are a few adjustments coming up in our lives! During the trip, we'll stop and see some friends and family along the way. We'll take about 8 days to get across the country...we'll stop in Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois and Virginia. Travis and I will fly home after we get Zach set up at school. He's our youngest, so it will be sad, but we're also looking forward to a new "empty nest" lifestyle. :)

I did do a bit of sewing over the last couple of days. I finished the buttonholing on this banner-of-the-month project. I really, really wanted to get this done for August...you see, this was LAST YEAR's BOM...I did really well getting most of them done last year, but somehow I missed finishing August, September, and October. Oh, I remember why...hubby returned in September from a deployment to Iraq. ;) Anyway, I finally just threw in the towel and realized this was as far as it was going to get done for this year. It's ready to be quilted/bound, so I'll make sure it's done for next August. I'm going to attempt to put a slideshow in my sidebar of all the other banners I've completed....so check it out!

I will be taking a bit of a blogging break while the movers are packing us up and we get unpacked and settled into our new house. Hopefully, I'll be able to check in once in a while, but one never knows how long it will take to get life back to a "new" normal. :P

Until then....God Bless....

4 comments:

  1. Will be praying for all of you as you travel and get settled into new homes! I love your sunflower banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "On the Road Again"...i'll be singing that for you this week :)
    Just think of all the stories you'll be able to tell your grandchildren some day about your adventures...I for one am very jealous!!! This is one girl who's never lived a day outside of NJ but loves moving.... I might just have to try again this year to get hubby to move (like I tried last summer and failed LOL).

    Cute sunflower banner...I should yank mine out and do it :)

    Good luck this week....and just remember I'm a phone call away if you need ANYTHING!!!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these 2 blocks are my favorite! Safe travels and moving!!!! You have such good spirits for these big changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAARGH...typed up a comment and Blogger was "down" when I sent it.
    Anyway....I'm guessing you are coming to MY state (Univ. of Delaware in Newark, probably?) Well...if you need a quilt fix, look up Quilter's Hive (their website is www.quiltershive.com) They are a nice place near that school. Have a safe cross-country trip and a good move to Idaho. If you have any Delaware questions, email me at pjcasad@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!