Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Fun thrift shop find!!

I don't know if I have mentioned that I work one day a week at our military thrift/consignment shop. I try really hard not to "shop" much, because I really don't want to bring excess stuff home! I've been trying to declutter and get rid of stuff! There are some really great bargains to be found there, though.

I just couldn't pass up this find today for only $15....



Isn't it perfect for my pincushion collection? Before I had most of them in a basket where you couldn't really enjoy them. :)




It has brackets to mount it on the wall, but I'll wait until after the move to hang it up. I'll find the perfect place in my new sewing room!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle! Love it! If you decide you don't care for it anymore you can always send it my way! I have a similar, but smaller shelf with one heart on it. It would make a nice pair! 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! I have one similar (it's painted blue) that holds some of my Precious Moments collection! And the pincushions look great on it...and you even have room for a few more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your adorable pincushion collection!! I am going to admire yours because I don't need to collect anything else LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a shelf almost like that up in the attic that Dan made me when he took woodshop in 9th grade. I should pull mine out and hang it in my sewing room...
    I love all your pincushions...I see a lot of familiar ones on those thar shelves missy :)
    Peg

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!