Sunday, July 27, 2008

Some sewing and a lot of driving....

No...not at the same time! This week, hubby and I took a quick trip from Washington to Idaho. We'll be moving to Idaho in two weeks, so this gave us the opportunity to check out our new home to be.

As many of you know, we currently live in Washington State, the "Evergreen State." You know, lots of rain, trees, ocean, etc...well, what they keep secret is that as soon as you cross the Cascade Mountain Range it's desert! It really took me by surprise how dry and barren the land is.

The view is pretty much the same all the way to Idaho. There was a bit of green near Yakima, where they've planted acres and acres of vineyards.


We finally arrived at the base and the chance to see the house that we will call home for the next two years. Wow! The Air Force has been undergoing some changes in the military housing situation and in most cases demolishing old housing and rebuilding new, modern houses. We are finally fortunate to get to live in one of those new ones! This is by far, the nicest military housing house we've ever seen/lived in!



As for sewing, I went to the last "Quilt till you Wilt" night at my LQS on Friday night. :( It was sad to say goodbye, but I'm glad I had the opportunity one more time before the move to go sew and visit. In fact, I did so much visiting that I didn't accomplish very much! I was able to complete two more Patchwork Party blocks, though.





I also bought a Christmas tablerunner/wallhanging kit. Isn't it just the cutest?











One last thing, I finished the binding and label on the last Thimbleberries Club 2008 quilt for the shop. This one is called Woodland Stars.











6 comments:

  1. Look at your new banner!! How cool!!! Hope your new house comes with a sewing room. Is there a special military form to request one LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Idaho! Well almost! Nice house. I live in the part of the state where it is green and mountainous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your 2007 quilt SCRAPPY MOUNTAINS! Is that pattern available online?? I was not able to leave comments on the quilt picture page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you all moving again. Well it is closer to your son. And the house looks so great! YAYA for you all. Hope everything goes as smooth as it can for you. I know you are a pro at moving by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Patchwork Party blocks look great! I love the fabrics you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your patchwork party blocks!! So cute! And that Christmas kit is one I was very tempted by at Quilt Festival last week :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!