Friday, August 15, 2008

Hello from Idaho!

We've been in Idaho exactly a week now! Our trip went extremely well...no problems to speak of. Nothing significant broken or lost by the moving company. Yay! We have most of the boxes unpacked, but things aren't ready for pictures just yet. :)

Look what my friend Peggy sent us to welcome us into our new home...aren't they beautiful and perfectly patriotic?! Thanks Peggy!We took a bit of a break today and went to a nearby lake. The "boys" rented jet skis and had some fun in the sun. I had fun watching, but I also enjoyed some time under a tree reading my book. :) This is Strike Dam Reservoir. The Air Force base owns/runs a marina with boats, waterskis, jet skis, etc., available for rent and nice little picnic/camping areas. You can see from the photos, that's it's pretty much desert here, but where they water and plant trees and grass, it can be really pretty. We'll be on the road again in a few more days...taking Zach to school. :( We're making a bit of a road trip out of it and will stop and visit family and friends along the way. We'll be back at the end of the month and by then I know I'll be ready to get back to quilting!

Hope you all are having a fun summer!
~Michelle



7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you and your family got safe and sound to Idaho. What a difference from Washington State! From lush green to desert! Safe travels and hopefully not too many tears as you take your son to college :) Sending my best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you arrived safe and sound.

    I hope you have a wonderful road trip as you embark on your son's next adventure in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you driving through Indiana???hint hint There is a Comfort Inn hotel right on the highway less than 2 miles from my house. And I would be blessed to feed you all a meal or 3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you and the guys both needed a restful day away from boxes and unpacking!!! Whatcha reading?

    I can only imagine how you will be itching to sew once you drop Zach off and head back to Idaho.....
    Drive safe!

    Peg
    PS: If you come thru NJ call me and stop by, I'll fire up the grill and we'll take a dip in the pool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the successful move Michelle, and yayy for another road trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for a successful move!! Hoping your son's move to school is just as smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes for continued good things yet-to-be-discovered in your new city.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!