Monday, September 01, 2008

Back at home...finally!

It's been a whirlwind month with our move to a new state and taking our youngest to college on the other side of the country. But we survived! We spent 11 days driving from Idaho to Delaware and took the opportunity to stop and visit with friends and family along the way. The entire trip went very well, with no problems to speak of...so I'm thankful for that!

This is the boy we dropped off at college...when did he grow up? Everyone knows the old cliche "time goes by so fast," but the last 18 years feel like they flew by in an instant. He's always trying to block me from taking a picture...here he's holding a blade of grass to block my lens. LOL
This is just a cute picture of Whiskers...doesn't she look like she's saying "Okay, I'm ready, take my picture."

I know I promised pictures of my new sewing room...they will come soon! Most everything is done, there is just a box or two still in the garage that I need to go through. I'm missing a few things from my quilting/sewing stash and I think it's in those boxes that I'll find it. I did get to work on a quickie project today. Peggy and Robin and I have been talking for a while about working on a project together this weekend, so we all decided to make "Deck the Halls" from Thimbleberries Pint Size 2 book. I'm still deciding whether or not I'll add the little bells on each of the prairie points.
Hopefully I'm back to normal for a while now...I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on! Until next time....



3 comments:

  1. Welcome Home, Michelle!! Your Christmas quilt is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture of your son. Why are boys like that? My grandson wondered why there were no pics of him on the fridge- well let me take one! I LOVE your blog header! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys will be boys...too funny!! Love your little Christmas hanging.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!