Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ooewy gooey chocolatey peanut butter! YUM!

What's better than peanut butter and chocolate? A family friend made this delicious dessert for us a couple weeks ago and she was gracious enough to share the recipe...so now I'm sharing it with you! My own touch was to add the chopped up Reese's...yum! I can't wait to have a slice...
PEANUT BUTTER PIE

Chocolate cookie crust
4 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup 10X sugar
8 oz Cool Whip
Chocolate syrup
Crushed peanuts (I used Reese's candy)

Mix together cream cheese, peanut butter, milk, and sugar. Fold in Cool Whip. Place 1/2 of mixture in crust. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Place remaining mixture in crust. Drizzle with syrup and top with crushed peanuts.

Place in freezer for 3 hours. Thaw slightly before serving.


Here is Smokey showing off his new tag. Every time we move, I've always let the kids make new tags for the animals at one of those I.D. Tag machines you see in Wal-Mart or PetsMart. This time we actually made these while we were "on the road." We must have stopped at Wal-Mart along the way...I can't honestly remember! Anyway, they were in my purse and I'd forgotten about them. Zach just had to get the Batman one for Smokey....doesn't he look cool?
Hope you all have a fun, quilty weekend!

5 comments:

  1. OMG that is the cutest picture of Smokey.....He looks like he's posing for you :)

    I will definitely be copying that recipe down...and you're right, it's not WW friendly!!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no - peanut butter and chocolate - one of my most favorite combinations! I don't dare copy this down - it would certainly foil all my attempts to keep to my weight watchers points! What a beautiful pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, how many WW points IS that pie, btw?? LOL j/k ;) it looks YUMMY!!! and that pic of smokey is just TOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pie looks very yummy and Smokey is so handsome with his new
    tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe! That looks soooooooooo yummy! Thanks for visiting my blog! Miss you!
    deb

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!