Sunday, September 28, 2008

What's on your design wall?

I've been sewing and quilting the last few days, but I can't post about it because both things I made this week are gifts for people that read this blog! :) I don't want to spoil the surprise.

I did receive a couple of swap blocks recently and I can share those! Liz hosted a fun and easy 4 patch swap in two color ways....either 30's and white, or civil war repros and shirtings. I love this idea she came up with for her 30's blocks and I decided to copy her idea! LOL The problem I found though, is that the civil war/shirtings fabrics don't have as much contrast as the 30's blocks do and the design doesn't pop as much.
What do you think? I'd love to make a small wall hanging out of these...or I can wait until after the new year and Liz has promised to have another round of the swap!

Another swap I participated in was over at Patchwork Corner yahoo group...all the fabrics are Thimbleberries. I'll need to make three more blocks and decide on borders, but this should be an easy one to finish up! Famous last words, huh?

6 comments:

  1. Love both of the quilts, Michelle! The 9 patch and snowballs is very tempting...I still have lots of leftover Thimbleberries fabrics to use up!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both little quilts Michelle...what's funny is I looked at the snowball and 9 patch blocks together and said to myself "self...when did they hostess that swap?" and when I looked more carefully I had to laugh 'cause I have those very same blocks LOL
    I like your CW top...cute!!!
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both the quilts! CW quilt is so sweet--it would make a good table topper too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both quilts are going to be great! I think there is enough contrast in the CW quilt - I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love them both! Scrappy quilts are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with gretchen! Make a table topper. I may have to "steal" that idea too! Love the niners and snowballs. It has been in my files for awhile. May have to do a class for it at my quilt shoppe!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!