Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Finally...some sewing pics to share

I haven't spent much time sewing the last couple of weeks, but this week I finally have some time to devote to quilting! These blocks are for a swap and they are called Bear Paw Variation. I used "Triangulations" for the first time to make the half square triangles and I love it! The fabrics are supposed to be the colors of Coffee & Cream...I'm sending in 16 blocks, I can't wait to see all of them together! I've really cut back on swaps the last couple of years, but sometimes they are just too good to pass up!



Next, I wanted to make a November/Thanksgiving wallhanging for this hanger in my kitchen. I love these "Straddling..." patterns...This is Straddling Turkey. I made the Straddling Snowman for my sister last year. I need to add the borders and he needs eyeballs! But I think I might be able to get him done in time for Thanksgiving!

Edit to add: The Straddling Turkey pattern is from The Wooden Bear.

4 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great! The little turkey wallhanging is just adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blocks and terrific turkey. I think I need to find these patterns you are mentioning (for the snowman and turkey). Can you point me in the right direction to find them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these blocks! I've used Thangles most often in the past but I just bought the wondercut ruler and I'm anxious to make something with lots of half square triangles to see if I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the turkey....guess I'm gonna have to pull my pattern out one of these days and make one :)
    Love the coffee and cream blocks too!!! Can't wait to see what you get back.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!