Monday, November 24, 2008

A Christmas project finished BEFORE Christmas!!

Earlier this month, a new quilting group I joined had a charm square exchange during their get together. We played "Craps for Scraps" and the ante was Christmas charm squares. We all ended up with a nice variety of fabrics by the end of the game. At the end of the meeting someone called out, "Don't forget to bring what you make with the charm squares!" Well, that's all I need to hear! I was going to bring a completed project if it killed me! LOL I already had a nice stack of Christmas charms to add my new stash too, so I decided to try the disappearing 9 patch pattern. I backed it with a cozy flannel fabric....so it will be nice, warm quilt to snuggle up with on a cold December day. I love napping quilts! :P

I also wanted to practice my free motion skills...so I chose to try stars. I discovered two things...it's much more time intensive to do anything other than regular meandering. Also, flannel is HEAVY! It's hard to maneuver on the machine...probably not the best thing to practice on! I'm really happy with this little holiday quilt and it's all ready to take for show & tell at our next meeting on December 2nd.

7 comments:

  1. How fun!! But where is the infamous Quilt Inspector??!!! Your free-motion quilting looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great, cozy quilt! Tell me more about this game that was played at your meeting. It sounds like fun and I might want to do that with our little neighborhood group of quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stars you made on this quilt! I want to try the disappearing 9 patch sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to try the disappearing nine-patch, too! I think your quiliting turned out great--I love the stars! Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, that turned out super cute! You did a good job on the loops and stars...especially since it was your first attempt!

    Happy Thanksgiving....

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very festive and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!