Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jesse Tree Ornaments

Recently, I posted a picture of my sheep ornaments for an exchange. We were exchanging 25 ornaments for a "Jesse Tree." A couple of you asked to see a picture of all the different ornaments after the exchange took place. So here you go! Hopefully, you'll be able to "click" on the picture to see the ornaments close up. We are missing one ornament...the one for the 25th day...the Nativity Scene!! I guess the gal ordered something and it didn't come in yet. But we have time, since it won't go on the tree until Dec 25th.

Here is the book that goes along with the Tree. It has a devotion for each day from Dec 1st to Dec 25th. For an example, the on Dec 1st, the devotional verse is Genesis 1:1..."In the beginning...." and you hang the little earth ornament. Honestly, I'm not sure if hubby and I will actually do the advent devotions this year (there are adult devotionals in the book!), but I know my kids would have loved it when they were little. I'll tuck the set away and maybe one day I'll have grandkids to give it too! :)
On the sewing/quilting front, I have been working on a few things. I can't share pictures though because they are gifts!! I'm sure that will be a common thing among the blogs during this Christmas season, don't you? We love to make things for others, but that means we have to keep things under wraps! I'll take lots of pictures though and after Christmas, I'll have lots of show and tell!!

5 comments:

  1. I love the advent tree! I think my granddaughter would love it! Just might have to start one for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of a Jesse tree before, but I love the idea. the ornaments are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't thought of the Jesse tree for some time now and how wonderful for it to have handmade ornaments! Thanks for sharing. I just started a blog and would love for you to look at it sometime. Here is where you'll find me...

    http://alittleofthisandalittleofpat.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! I've never heard of a Jesse tree, before!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!