Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Present Time!!

Remember this post? I showed you the boxes I had received in the mail from my two bestest buddies Robin & Peggy. I finally got to open them Monday night! We were all trying to open them together...but Robin is in the middle of moving (yes, she's moving the week of Christmas, poor girl!) and Peggy was celebrating her birthday with her family. But we all finally gave the go ahead and said, "Open 'em up!!"
Here is Smokey, waiting to "help" me open the first box.....
Robin sent me a cute, cute blue scarf that she knitted and 'Peanut' the elephant. Look at those teeny tiny yo-yo's!! There was also thread, a cupcake pincushion, a Christmas notepad, candy and more!! Oh, there was also some fun "popper" things, but my son, Zach, and I popped them open already! There was fun little trinkets inside.
Here is what was in the box from Peggy...look at all those gifties! I think she bought out the stores!! :) She said she's been shopping since the summertime and bought little things while on vacation in North Carolina and Hershey, PA. She sent a cool polka dot ironing board cover, the "Jelly Roll Quilts" book (I've been wanting that one!), recipe cards, ornaments, candy...oh and she made me one of her fun little totes. It will be perfect for makeup and such while travelling.
Aren't they the best quilting buddies a girl could have? I love each and every item and feel so spoiled!! Thank you two!!!
I also wanted to send a cute picture of the kitties. These two aren't the best of friends....actually, I should say that Whiskers (the older black cat) isn't fond of Smokey (the younger grey cat), so they hardly ever get very close to each other. I caught them both looking out the back door. I realized they were watching birds. If you look closely, you'll see a small patch of grass showing through the snow. There were about 10 birds out there looking for something to eat in that little grass patch...poor birdies!

Hope you all are finding time to enjoy the holiday with your families!!
Blessings,

6 comments:

  1. WOW...what a jackpot you hit with both of those boxes. How nice that the 3 of you do this gift box exchange! Thanks for sharing the photos. Your kitties are cute. Too bad they aren't better buddies, though. I've heard male cats are often like that....especially if one was brought into the house awhile after the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great gifts there!! You are going to love the Jelly Roll quilt book...I have it and love it too!! Love your kitty picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Michelle, what fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What nice gifts! You are lucky to have such good friends!

    I got a chuckle out of the pic of your cats, too. They look so serious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun presents! Can't wait to see future quilts from the Jelly Roll book!!! The kitties look like they are guarding the house. Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo of your kitties is precious!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!