Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Recap

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I know I did...it was mostly quiet, with just the three of us and one friend for dinner. Even still, it felt as though I cooked and cleaned most of the day! :) It's all worth it though! We even had snow on Christmas Eve and most of Christmas Day!

Yesterday, we actually braved the after Christmas sales and went to a couple of stores. There were plenty of crowds, but nothing too bad and the lines moved quickly. Zach wanted to spend the couple of gift cards he received. :)

So, my friend Peggy had a new post on her blog called "The Week Between." What are your plans for the week between Christmas and the New Year? I'm hoping to lay low as much as possible and enjoy the quiet, more relaxed days. I do have some quilting related goals though...1) put the finishing touches on my Whirl into Winter Blog giveaway (check back 1/1 for more info!), 2) put the final border on my log cabin/churn dash quilt so I can send it to the quilter, 3) figure out how to make a shower curtain from quilt blocks! If any of you have any tips for that, I'd love to hear 'em! I've seen a couple of pictures and I don't think it should be too difficult...I'll keep you posted on my progress.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share some pictures of Zach making our traditional Christmas morning cinnamon rolls. I make the dough in the bread machine and assemble them sometime on Christmas Eve, then I pop them in the refrigerator and they are ready to cook whenever we are ready to eat Christmas morning. This year, Zach got into the assembly process and just took right over...I like that!! Left me free for picture taking! He said, "Are you going to put these on your blog?" Well, of course, dear! :)



Rolling out the dough and spreading out the butter....
sprinkling on the sugar and cinnamon....slicing them up....in the pan to rise....and the finished product on Christmas morning! Yum!
(I don't know why the pictures aren't clickable! grrrr! Anyone have a fix for that?)

6 comments:

  1. They look yummy! How sweet of your son to dive right in and help you with them. If he didn't spend all his gift cards, remind him there is NO sales tax in Delaware!!! hehehe So far, I've not had my blog photos be unclickable so I can't help you with this problem, BUT...I'm sure it will happen eventually to me and maybe by then, you will have the answer for ME. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmm...those cinnamon buns look delish!!!!!!

    I love the look of your blog too....I was undecided if I wanted the fireworks like yours or my dots..

    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel free to send some of those cinnamon rolls this way lol! They look absolutely delicious (like I haven't eaten tons of sweet already...). I am working at my day job some of this "week between" but not so much at SBux. I'll be sewing, sewing, sewing as much as possible. Enjoy your week between!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cinnamon rolls, look SO yummy. I haven't made them in simply years...maybe I should!

    I love your Happy New Year blog design, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm! Those cinnamon rolls look awesome! I'm coming over! LOL!

    I've noticed that sometimes my pictures are clickable, and sometimes they are not. I have no idea why. It is very mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have the recipe for the sweet rolls..... my family loves stuff like this.

    Quilty Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!