Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Christmas Tree Time!!



We put up our tree a little earlier than usual this year. We have some company coming this weekend and I wanted to have it ready before that. (picture is with and without flash) :)
Both kids are away at school, so this was the first year that I put the ornaments on all by myself. :( I was sad about that....but in reality, I always have to do most of the job anyway. The kids always put a few of their favorite ornaments on and then were distracted by other things before too long! :) Every year each of us gets at least two new ornaments...so after 23 years of marriage, that's a lot of ornaments!! But I love each one of them and they all have sentimental value. My mom gives our two kids an ornament every year. Megan has been collecting the Holiday Barbie ornaments from Hallmark since she was age 4-5...so that means she has 16-17 Barbie ornaments!!
Since we move so frequently, I always try to get an ornament for the region or state that we currently live in. For example, there is a Mickey ornament from when we lived in Florida, a Hershey Kiss from when we live in Delaware (near Hershey, PA), a cut out of a C-17 airplane from McChord AFB, and the list goes on and on! I love searching for the perfect ornament that will help us remember our time at each assignment.
My latest craze is snowman ornaments...love 'em! Does anyone else have an ornament obsession??

8 comments:

  1. When my kids were small, I tried to get a Crayola ornament each year - we have a few. They kept getting harder to find, so I think I've missed the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing my tree with ornaments from way back (we've been married over 41 years now). Our kids (now grown and on their own) all have ornaments from over the years. I love to look at ours each year as I put them on the tree. (I do the ornaments here, too, must be a "mom" thing.) I have a large number of penguin ornaments as I have a thing for penguins....but we have ornaments from places we've visited, too, as well as other novelty ornaments. Your tree looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree looks great, your "snow" pics were wonderful and you my dear look "mahvelous" in your pics. Love your new doo and svelte bod!!!
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree looks fabulous!! I haven't had a tree in a number of years, but enjoy everyone else's vicariously LOL! Did you make the tree skirt too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I too suffer/enjoy an ornament obsession.

    There are 4 of us that have been exchanging hand made ornaments each year since 1994. That's only *helped* the obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tree Michelle! My obsession is probably handmade prim ornies from my quilting friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tree....
    It's Sunday morning, 10:15, I emailed you twice today!!!
    Let me know if you get them.
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get far too attached to my ornaments, then when tragedy strikes and a child, or a pet or god-forbid - My husband ever breaks one I am devastated! My family just doesn't understand.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!