Monday, December 29, 2008

New Year's Eve Mystery Quilt

Bonnie at Quiltville is starting a new mystery quilt on New Year's Eve. So...two things pop into my head when I saw this: 1) I really don't like mystery quilts! LOL I've been disappointed in the past with the results, so the thought of wasting time, fabric, etc, helps me to stay away from them. 2) I need to start another project like I need a whole in the head! So why would I even consider doing this mystery quilt? I'm not sure I can answer that...I'm just tempted to do it for some reason. I've seen Bonnie's other mysteries come together and sometimes I was a bit sorry I didn't participate, so maybe that's the reason. I want to be part of the fun!

So...guess what I did this morning? I pulled fabrics from my stash! Bonnie choose double pinks for one of the colors, but I switched that color to red. Those that know me, won't be surprised that my color palette is basically red, white, and blue! I love the addition of gold and brown too.
Anyone else going to join in the fun? (let's hope it is fun!) It's just the first step on NYE, then the other steps will be posted periodically over the next few weeks/months....it should be pretty easy to keep up with.

5 comments:

  1. I was going to suggest you step away from the mystery but you have to look at it realistically...you are using from your stash and you're getting up off the couch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to do the mystery from Bonnie, also. Haven't pulled any fabrics yet, though. Your choices are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to do the mystery too! I need to use my stash so I'll pull fabric from there. Of course I haven't finished Bonnie's last mystery yet but oh well.... This will be fun; I'm glad you are joining in:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm...this looks very interesting and I love mystery quilts. I guess I've had good luck with them. Perhaps I'll try it, but getting back to "All Roads Lead to the Sea" is calling me too. Decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!