Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving and Birthday Fun!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know we sure did. We traveled to California to spend the weekend with my family. My family lives in the Sierra Nevada Mountains on the east side of California, near Tahoe. Here are pictures of the road we traveled over from Nevada. This pass closes over the winter because it's too dangerous to keep plowed...as you can see, we probably just made it before they close for the season.
Every year, we make little turkey cookies and this year was no exception! Here are two nieces and my daughter, Megan (left), with their creations!




Saturday was my mom's ?? birthday...she probably doesn't want me to announce her age on the world wide web! (you can thank me later, mom!). We had the four siblings together and all the grandkids (except my son Zach and Mike's son Chad) together for a family pic!
Mike, Me, Mom, Jenn, Matt

We had a great time being together and celebrating her birthday. I hope all of you enjoyed the blessings of family as well!!

1 comments:

  1. Love your wintery blog background! Glad you had a good holiday and a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!