Friday, January 16, 2009

Block of the Month progress....

If you have read much of my blog, then you can probably figure out that I am a sucker for all things Thimbleberries! It borders mildly on obsession. :) Of course I signed up for the 2009 Club Quilt! I am doing the "Traditional" colorway. This week I received the month one club kit from The Fat Quarter Shop and I just couldn't wait to cut into it and sew up the blocks!

Also, a couple of evenings ago, I finished block 8 from Capricorn Quilts Quilter's Blessing Stitchery. I have block 9 about 3/4 finished too!






Quick Smokey update: Smokey had the staples removed today and the doctor said he is healing just perfectly. He is completely back to his normal self and that makes us all very happy. Thanks again for the kind words from all of you...and remember, keep those pincushions out of reach from the kitties! :)
I hope you all have a wonderful productive quilty weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Love those stitchery blocks! Can't wait to see them in the completed quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks, and a happy update on Smokey. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Michelle, I think this is my favorite block :) Gotta love a stitchery of a cuppa tea!

    I did my 3 shoo fly blocks last night too but got too tired to start the other 12 incher.....
    You did a great job...now you have to sit and tap your foot waiting for the next bom kit to come....what will you do while you wait? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice blocks and I love the Thimbleberries fabrics, too. I'm so glad to hear Smokey is doing well! Did your son head back to UD yet? If not, tell him to take his long johns with him as we are having record-breaking cold this year, it seems!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! I'm glad to hear that Smokey is back to his old self!

    Love the owl on your background!

    You are kicking butt with the BOMs! I'm still trying to decide if I want to do a BOM or not. How's that for procrastinating? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Smokey is okay. I will be more careful with my pins and needles ... Oliver likes to grab at thread sometimes.
    Your Quilter's Blessings blocks look good. I have 3 left to stitch.
    I like your blog background ... the owl is very cute.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!