Friday, January 02, 2009
He swallowed what??
Guess what Quilt Inspector #1 did today? He swallowed a needle and thread! I happened to be sitting on the floor brushing out the dog, who had just had a bath. I looked over and saw Smokey trying to swallow something (you cat owners will know what I'm talking about). I happened to just get a glimpse of the pin/needle...I jumped up and grabbed him by the neck, but "poof" it was gone.
I think I was in denial/shock for about 30 minutes (I know, bad me)...but it really took me that long to process that yes, he really did swallow a pin this time and something was going to have to be done about it! I found out our regular Vet is closed this week (of course) and after calling two others, I finally found one that would take him immediately.
My son was with him when he had the X-ray and apparently you could see the needle, clear as day in his stomach. So....off he went to surgery and now he gets to spend the night in the kitty hospital. But thank goodness he's going to be okay! I'll get to pick him up tomorrow morning about 9:30am.
Silly, silly kitty....I'm thankful too that I saw it and knew that it even happened. Can you imagine if he did it when I wasn't around and what would happen with that needle roaming around in there for a couple of days? yikes....
Don't forget to enter my "Whirl into Winter" Giveaway! Find details HERE.
p.s. the picture is Smokey sitting on my lap while I'm trying to read/type emails. :) I leaned back to take the picture and YES, I'm in my jammies. :P