Saturday, January 10, 2009

I caved....

So, one of my resolutions for the New Year was to finish UFO's in 2009 and not to start anything new... Well, that lasted until January 9th. LOL I went with a few friends to a quilt shop in Boise and two of the girls fell in love with a kit using the Yellow Brick Road pattern and all the fabrics were "snack" foods. They decided how fun it would be if we ALL made the quilt together! So I caved under the peer pressure and bought the kit too! There are four of us that will be making it. It is cute...and will be fun to make together. Two of the girls are beginning quilters, so we'll be teaching them as we go.
For those of you following Smokey's progress....here you can see him getting right back to his quilt inspector duties. As soon as I pulled the fabrics out of the bag, he jumped (no jumping, remember!) up to the cutting table and had to give them a good once over. He definitely approves!








Don't forget to enter my "Whirl into Winter" Giveaway! Find details HERE.

11 comments:

  1. That fabric is darling! And YBR is such a fun, easy pattern. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those fabrics...had to go get some pretzels out of the pantry to eat now. :) I'm glad to see Smokey is back to being himself now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun fabrics! Can't wait to see the finished quilt. The yellow Brick road is on my list of to do quilts:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YBR is a great beginner pattern! Your friends will have fun making it! Glad the Inspector is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YBR is just the best quilt pattern. So fun to do and every one looks different. Peer pressure is the worst--you might as well give in without a fight. Glad Smokey is back on the job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't made a Yellow Brick Road quilt, but I've seen one and think these fabrics will be great for it.
    Good to see Smokey sitting up looking alert!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the feeling...I started two projects two after promising myself I wouldn't. Oh well, what's the harm, right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'd have caved under the pressure of those adorable fabrics myself!!! It's going to be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those fabrics are great! I love the popcorn one! YBR is such a fun pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh cute fabrics!! That's going to make such a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!