Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Not much quilting going on...

Life seems to keep getting in the way of my sewing/quilting plans! So no updates to share on that front. But I thought you all would get a kick of these cute Smokey pics. He has improved greatly in the last couple of days...almost back to his normal self. He's able to jump on the furniture now...BTW, the vet said to keep him from jumping for two weeks. Someone, please tell me how you keep a cat from jumping? LOL

We snapped these pictures of him this morning of him cuddling with our dog, Buster. Smokey kept scooching (is that a word?) closer and closer to Buster and I really think he was trying to crowd Buster enough to make him jump down. I think Smokey wanted the seat to himself! LOL I also got a picture or two of his incision, but I figured most of you could live without seeing those. There are 20-something staples in his stomach and it's not a pretty sight. He's going to have a serious scar. I told him he was lucky he wasn't going to be wearing a bikini anytime soon. :)

They woke up after snapping a few pictures, then Smokey really started hamming it up and trying to get Buster to play. :) I'm glad he's feeling better!








Don't forget to enter my "Whirl into Winter" Giveaway! Find details here.

7 comments:

  1. Almost couldn't tell the cat was in the picture! LOL!!! Just looks like the dog curled up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing....hard to tell where one pet ended and the other began until I clicked on the photos to enlarge them. CUTE pets....cute photos!!! Glad Smokey is back to normal now. I have no clue how to keep animals from jumping and running after surgery unless they are kept "drugged".

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pics made me smile before I even read what you wrote!

    20 staples on one little cat? Whoa! I'm glad he's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute photos! Buster does not look as amused as Smokey does. I think it is impossible to keep cats from jumping everywhere--it's what they do! I guess, like people, if it hurt, he wouldn't jump.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big animal fan but who wouldn't smile at those pictures. Even Liz the Ogre had a grin. :o) Love the bikini comment. That's why I don't wear one. LOL Yeah, my nose grew with that comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww...now aren't they just the cutest!! and Conni's right...other than the 2 noses you can't tell where one of 'em ends and the other begins!! Glad Smokey's feeling better Michelle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, I wondered if it was a dog with a cat body??? Weird! Glad you saw that needle go down. That is so scary! Looks like your Quiltville mystery is coming along!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!