Sunday, January 04, 2009

Step One Completed...Finally

I finally finished Step One of the Quiltville New Year's Eve Mystery. I've started cutting Step Two, but sewing them together will have to wait. I admit, I've peeked ahead at the steps that are posted...and it's pretty exciting! I think I'm going to like this quilt!

For a quick Smokey update, I picked him up from the Vet this morning. He was still pretty out of it from the anesthesia and/or the pain killers. He immediately went under our bed and sat in a crouching position all day. In fact, it wasn't until late this evening that he finally came out and walked around for a bit. It must have worn him out though, because after about 5 minutes he went right back under the bed. I was a little worried about how long it's taking the meds to wear off, but I think I can tell that he's feeling better and not so loopy.

I appreciate all my blogging friends and the encouraging comments about Smokey and his little emergency...I think he's on the mend now and he'll be back to his quilt inspecting job in no time! (minus the needle and thread!)
Don't forget to enter my "Whirl into Winter" Giveaway! Find details HERE.

7 comments:

  1. I have a friend who is a vet tech and she said it can take some animals a long time to come out totally from the effects of the anesthesia, so I am guessing Smokey was having that kind of problem. He'll probably be fine within the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, Smokey! We are all pulling for him to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Smokey is home and getting better. Get well soon Smokey and stay away from those sewing supplies! I can't wait to get started on the Quiltville mystery now that I'm back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pin? Wow, I just got a cat. I'll have to keep an eye on him.
    It seems like those blocks don't go fast enough. Keep going the quilt is great. I was doing the setting triangles tonight. I entered your give away! Thanks for having it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you dared to start this mystery quilt. I think it is lovely, but a lot of work too. I did make copies of all the part, so I might be able to make it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so glad that Smokey is okay, what an ordeal you have been through! Great job on your squares..all trimmed and ready to go...wanna make one for me?? Looks good, can't wait to see step 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see Smokey is doing better after his little adventure.

    You're such a bad influence...

    I saw your blocks for the mystery quilt. After checking things out, I'm starting a new quilt. Before I've even finished one UFO this year!!

    Thanks for leading me down the dark path. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!