Monday, February 16, 2009

Double Delight and Old UFO Progress!

It's been a productive weekend here in Idaho. :) Look what I completed! I finished all 30 blocks from the Double Delight Mystery Quilt! Woohoo! I love these blocks. One side note though...I've made the executive decision to set them a bit differently than the original design! You'll have to watch for an update to see what I've come up with. I had to order some fabric though, but as soon as it comes in, I'll get back to work on it!

In the meantime, I pulled out a BOB (Bag 'O Blocks) to work on. The blocks are from two seperate swaps from 2-3 years ago...time to do something with them! I signed up for a UFO Challenge on a Yahoo group that I belong to and this was #1 on my list. Not because it was my #1 priority, it literally was #1 on the list....so I just started with that! I love this block. It's My Blue Heaven from Quilter's Cache. I'm so happy to have this top sewn together and the borders on. I love the secondary design that it makes. I'm going to piece a backing for it, but then I'll have to pack it away for now until I make a trip to Boise for some batting.

Last, I wanted to show you what my Double Delight blocks looked like this morning when I woke up. I mistakenly left them on the floor when I went to bed last night...and Smokey, aka quilt inspector #2, decided they needed to be rearranged. :) He's so helpful.... If you look closely, you can see Whiskers, aka quilt inspector #1, peeking out from her basket. Can you see her?


12 comments:

  1. Two really nice quilt tops in progress there.....loved seeing the photos. Of course, I love seeing the photos of the quilt inspectors, too, and yes...I see Whiskers peeking over the top of her basket. CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "quilt inspector" pic is too funny! I'm sure Smokey had a grand old time :)

    Love the two quilt tops. They are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh -those rascally cats! Your quilt looks sensational tho. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Michelle! 2 great tops, and one is on the UFO list!! Yahoo!! And the cats....!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt tops are gorgeous!! Love your color choices! Congrats on getting so much accomplished over the weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That made me laugh...Smokey was having a good old time with those blocks. Both quilts.....beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This happens to me way too often. I have four cats that enjoy quilting as much as me. They are extremely good at pressing fabric. Your tops are beatiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love cats and their antics? They are so independent and full of fun. I'm glad you got the pics before the quilt inspection patrol came along. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm...I am not entirely convinced that Whiskers was in her basket the whole time. I think Smokey may have been framed! ; )

    I love, love, love the mystery quilt, and I can't wait to see what you picked out to use for the borders.

    I love the secondary design in the My Blue Heaven quilt, too. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Quilt Inspectors did a great job rearranging your blocks LOL!!! Too funny! Did you find them all in the same room or did they migrate? Both quilt tops are just fabulous! Your Double Delight is just the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors on Double Delight. i am still working on that block-26 more to construct. And I have the same problem here with quilt inspectors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Double Delight is stunning. Great fabric choices! I had to laugh out loud at your quilt inspectors. Guess, I'm blessed with a low to the ground dog. He is not interested in my sewing projects. Loves computer time on my lap.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!