Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A little progress on the Double Delight Mystery...

I'm still slowly but surely working on the Double Delight Mystery. I'm on Step 3...which is the red/white 9 patches. I have to make 130 of them!! I've made about 40 so far and I couldn't hold out any longer. I just HAD to put one block together to see how it looked. I love it! My favorite part is the sawtooth star that pops out around the 9patch. The block measures 9.5" (unfinished, of course). I only need 29 more of these...plus 20 setting blocks. :P

So...off I go to make a gazillion or so more 9patches!! :)




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful block...and I love your fabric/color choices! Looking forward to the finished quilt reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire those of you who can stick with a project that is so involved (like this one is). It will look wonderful when it's done, I'm sure. With me, it would turn into a UFO, I suspect. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabrics are stunning! I don't know if everyone is seeing it this way, but the gold-tone colors lend a sort of "shading" around the sawtooth star. For me, that gives it dimension. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabric choices are so beautiful!! I can't wait to see this one done--hurry, hurry LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love your colors, and can't wait to see it when it is all finished. I LOVE making nine patches, but when you say "130," that sounds like a lot! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this block...the design & the colors !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your color choices. I too am making this quilt but only on the first step. Bonnie loves little pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!