The blocks from this quilt were collected over 1.5 years in a swap with an online Thimbleberries group. Each month we swapped four 6" churn dash blocks and/or four 6" log cabins, both made with only Thimbleberries fabrics. As you can see, it took quite a few months to collect enough blocks to make this large queen size quilt!
As I contemplated what to do with my two stacks of blocks, it occured to me to use them together. I played around in EQ5 and decided on this layout. I am sooo happy with this quilt...it's my new favorite! (I say that about a lot of my newly finished quilts) :) I recently received it back from my favorite long-armer and had to quickly get it bound. I decided to make the binding "scrappy," mainly because I didn't have enough of one fabric, but I also just like the effect the different fabrics make around the edge.
I immediately had to put my new quilt on our bed. As you can see, my quilt inspectors wasted no time in trying it out. What is unique about this picture though is that they are together. Whiskers (black one) does not like Smokey being near him and will move away when he gets close. I don't know who was here first, but they both had an unhappy look on their faces. :P They didn't stay very long....I walked back in a few minutes later and they were both gone.
On a final note, my thoughts and prayers go to the Winter's family and the congregation of First Baptist Church in Maryville, IL. We were members of that church for three years when we lived in IL and are just heartbroken at the loss of Pastor Fred. He was an awesome man and a wonderful Pastor. He will be greatly missed by many...but we know he is with the Lord today in Heaven.