Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Some more Block of the Month progress....

I finally got around to making February's Thimbleberries Block of the Month! I haven't received March's kit in the mail yet, so I'm technically not behind. LOL
I'm not sure how I feel about this BOM yet...it's very different from the other Thimbleberries Clubs I've done. Also, this is the first year I've done it by mail and not actually gone to the club meetings at a LQS. There is something fun about getting together with other quilters and the kind of "friendly competition" that ensures you get your blocks done each month! :) The blocks aren't difficult, but they are something I might not normally try, so I kind of like that part of it.



I also finished Month 1 of the Christmas Wish BOM...okay, yes, I am behind on that one!! This one is a freebie...so go check it out Gail Pan Designs blog.

Until next time....
Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Just stopping by to say hello. That's my little Lucy's picture "following" you. Keep up the good work on the BOM's looking forward to seeing the Thimbleberries when you get further along.
    DianeH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your TB blocks look great to me Michelle ;) And even though you might be behind in the Gail Pan BOM, you're still AHEAD OF ME on it! LOL I have 'em printed out but haven't sewn any of them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything we wouldn't normally try is a good thing -- a new experience. I love the "Love" stitchery. I guess it's going into a Christmas project, but it's perfect by itself anytime of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wear me out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I knew you were doing that embroidery BOM...it's very cute and you do beautiful work!
    Lets see how we like the TB 2009 as time goes on. I too am not overly thrilled with it but I'm keeping an open mind :)
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blocks Michelle. I bet it's going to be a pretty quilt. Good job on the embroidery block too. I've saved that one, along with about 100 others! There's no hope for me......

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!