Monday, March 02, 2009

Time flies...

It's been 11 days since my last post! I don't know how the time is flying by so fast. I have been sewing a little bit here and there, but not much to show for it. I got a quilt back from the quilter and I am in the process of putting the binding on, so I hope I'll have pictures to share soon! Let me tell you...the quilter did an awesome job! I'm so happy with it.

A couple weeks ago, Pat Sloan had a quickie giveaway on her blog and I won! She sent me some quilty notecards and a few nice pieces of her new fabric line, Arabella. It is such yummy fabric...I love orange!

I wanted to make something special from the fabric, so I decided to make one of Pink Penguin's little fabric baskets. Isn't it cute??

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. So cute, Michelle! The tutorial calls for small 2" squares, so I'm wondering, how big is this basket? Is it really only about 6" high, or did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is super cute! I love-love the fabrics. Congrats and great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out wonderful. Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun basket, Michelle! And I can't wait to see your finished quilt! The suspense is hard to bear!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It came out great! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable basket! Fantastic fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely basket! I have some fabric together to make one of these but haven't gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool idea! Those fabrics are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!