Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fun Friday

I know it's Sunday, not Friday! But I have some pictures to show you from Friday...three other girls and I try to get together on as many Fridays as we can to work on a project or sometimes go shopping and lunch. They started calling the day Fun Friday! Sometimes we are all working on different projects, but we also have done some joint projects too. You might remember the Snack Quilt we made a couple months ago.

This week, we decided to make the Big Tote Bag that is found in the April edition of McCall's Quilting magazine. Here is a picture of all our machines set up at Jen's house.

Then we got to work laying out our charm packs...it's not as easy as you would think! Here Kristen (standing) and Susan are contemplating the layout.

Here are the girls (from left to right: Jen, Susan Kristen), working hard sewing the charms together.

And ta-da! Here is my finished tote! I used the Zippity Do Dah charm pack from Moda. This is a BIG bag! It's going to be perfect for my quilting retreat next month!


I have been sewing this week, since the last time I posted. But I can't show pictures! I'm working on a couple secret projects that I will be taking to retreat next month. I'll take pictures though and show them after I get back. I did finish the third month of the Thimbleberries BOM. So far, I'm staying up to date with this BOM!! Woohoo!!

Hope you are having a quilty weekend and enjoying some sunshine...I know I am!!

11 comments:

  1. What I notice about your Friday get-togethers is how you have your machines set up facing each other. So many times at group machine gatherings, it's not possible to do that with electrical outlets, etc. Then the ladies don't have the same kind of personal connection. Congrats on keeping up with a BOM -- not always easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT bag....and how nice to have your Fun Friday group! I've not yet kept up with any BOM project...I'm BAD. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bag! It came out great. Envious of your Fun Friday group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute bag!!! Your Friday sewing group sounds like lots of fun! Great Thimbleberries block--love that bluish grey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you gals having a good ole time sewing together...
    You need to get pictures of the others' bags next time too :)

    See you soon!!!
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  6. You girls found a fun way to get projects finished...I love the name...fun friday. I love the BIG bag and you'll get lots of use out of it at your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute bag! I noticed that you were all sitting at the same table. The same CLEAN table. How do you do that? I can't manage to be so neat while sewing! Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a fun group, Michelle. I love your tote! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that magazing AND purchased the pattern before I got the magazine but haven't made the bag yet. Love the fabrics you used! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bag is adorable! It is always more fun to sew with friends around too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopping by to say hi! Great bag Michelle, your blessed to have such quilty friends to sew with.
    Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!