Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I'm soooo behind!

I have been such a bad blogger and blog reader!! My "Google Reader" list says I have 104 posts to read! I'm sorry to all my blogging friends...I will read them all soon! I want to see what you are up too!

Last week was Spring Break for Zach, so we had him home for the week. That always makes momma happy. :) We didn't do anything too exciting...just enjoyed time at home. DH and Zach did go skiing one day and had a blast!

I have been doing a bit of sewing here and there. Nothing huge getting accomplished, though. You might remember this quilt I made late last year...it's a Disappearing 9 Patch. I was asked to demo the technique at a small quilt group that I belong to. So I made up a couple of samples to show the ladies.

The first one I used a Charm Pack to make a small table runner. The fabric is the Portugal line from Moda and it's soooo much prettier in person. I couldn't get the colors to come out true. I need a summer runner (other than patriotic) for my table, so this will be perfect!




The next one uses just three fabrics and I wanted to show how easy it is to make a quick charity quilt out of simple 9 patches.


You only turn the top left and the bottom right block in each 9 patch to get this design....isn't that cool? I just need to make a couple more blocks and this quilt will go with me to a retreat in May. Each of the retreat attenders brings a quilt to donate to a local pregnancy center.


I had to share this picture of Smokey. I recently purchased that new lamp on my cutting table. It puts out a bit of heat and now it's Smokey's new favorite napping place. Especially when I provide "pillows" for him to use. Believe it or not...I cut all the fabrics for the pictures above with him on the table! LOL I had one little corner to work in, while he kept snoozin'. I would just slide the ruler under him when I needed more space. It didn't faze him one bit...



Hopefully I'll get caught up on reading my favorite blogs soon! I miss seeing what you all are up to!

Happy Quilting!


5 comments:

  1. Nice projects you showed and the photo of Smokey is priceless........funny how he stayed right there while you were cutting, too. Before you know it, Zach's first year at UD will be done and he'll be home for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Moda line and table runner, also those are neat quick quilts. A slight change in placement makes such a huge difference in the overall look. I really like the 2nd one. Of course, Smokey always makes me smile. Since I now also have a "quilt inspector" with fur (she's on my blog), I can really relate to Smokey being in your way. My new little Sasha has taken to napping in my sewing chair. I don't have the heart to move her, and I think it's a good bonding thing, so I'm not getting a lot done either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smokey is so cute! I bet that is a comfy spot with the heat from the lamp and fabric "pillows". The disappearing nine-patch projects are great. I am trying to catch up on blogs too. I had over 250 posts in google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, it's so easy to fall behind in our reading blogs and posts, don't you think? Sheesh, I blink and a week or two goes by. Hang in there and see you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Michell! Smokey cracks me up! He's so cute!

    How cool that you got to give a demonstration at your quilting group.

    See you soon! : )

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!