Friday, April 10, 2009

Two Finished Quilts!!

I finished two quilts this week! The first one is made with the block "My Blue Heaven." The pattern is found on The Quilter's Cache. I'm really happy with this one...I'm giving it to my husband's secretary as a going away gift. You can see Smokey is busy with his inspection.

I showed you this second one in my last post. I did a demo of the disappearing 9-patch at a small quilt group I belong to. This is the resulting quilt from the demo! I'm going to take it to a quilting retreat in May. All the quilts donated at the retreat will be donated to a local crisis pregnancy center.


Last is a picture of Buster. He celebrated his 10th birthday on Tuesday. I made him a special birthday bandana to wear. I can't believe we've had him 10 years already! He's a good doggy. :)

I hope you all have a happy, happy Easter!

11 comments:

  1. Both quilts are beautiful, but I especially love the disappearing 9 patch design! Smokey made me smile yet again. He really looks like he's inspecting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are both such nice quilts...and your doggy posed so nicely for his photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh, I'm loving the My Blue Heaven quilt - great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Buster!!!

    Both quilts are really nice Michelle... Love your runner too!

    You certainly have been busy...

    Happy Easter,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the two finishes! My favorite is My Blue Heaven. I'm sure the recipient will love it, too. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smokey sure is taking his inspector job seriously in that photo! Happy B-day to Buster, looking splendid in his new bandana. I love the quilts. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilts! I love the Blue Heaven quilt and may have to add it to my "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, my first doggie was named Buster. Guess that's sort of a common doggie name huh? Love the blue quilt Michelle. I'm sure the secretary will love it too! Hope all went well with teaching the dis. nine patch. Looks like you did great from the quilt you got done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Michelle!

    Both of the quilts turned out so nice! Smokey looks like he's taking a close look at your stitching! I hope it was up to par! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello from France my name is Michelle and I have pleasure to come and see your blog
    friendly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilts Michelle! And Happy b'day to Buster! Wish I was 10 again LOL

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!