Friday, May 08, 2009

Bad, Bad Blogger....

I have been such a bad blogger. I just can't seem to catch up lately...I'm always running and seem to always be two steps behind. I'm VERY behind on reading my favorite blogs too! :( There are almost 200 posts on my blog reader, waiting to be read!

I can tell you that I have been sewing...I just can't tell you what it is or show any pictures!!! I've been sewing some secret projects for two of my bestest quilty friends (Peggy and Robin)...I will be seeing them next week at the annual Back Porch Friends retreat! I can hardly wait!! I'm packing up all kinds of projects to work on...so hopefully I'll have lots and lots of pictures to show you when I get back!
I do have a couple of pictures to share with you now though...remember I've mentioned the Fun Friday group and our first group project was the Snack Quilts? Here finally we have a group picture and all the quilts are finished!!!



From left to right is me, Kristen, Susan, and Jen. This picture was taken at a ladies retreat that we attend a couple of weeks ago in McCall, Idaho. It was so beautiful up there! Here is another picture the night before retreat...we had dinner together at On the Border and had Sangria Swirls to celebrate our finished quilts!! :)


Last weekend, a few volunteers helped to give the base Thrift Shop a new look. The thrift shop is run by the Officers Spouse's Group and the money raised goes to scholarships for military kids and spouses. It looks wonderful now with fresh paint and a few new (to us) shelving units.


Here are Kristen and Jen painting by the dressing rooms!

This is Rachel...she is the spouse of one the Singapore Air Force Officers.


More painting!! The Thrift Shop isn't always this messy!! We had things scrunched together, away from the walls...I will post some "after" pictures soon. One of the gals is painting our motto on one of the upper walls, so I'll take pics of that.
Finally...here is proof that spring is finally making it's way to Idaho. It's still cool, but things are starting to bloom!!

This is a small tree in our backyard. We live in brand new base housing, so the trees are fairly young.

Here is one in the front yard...isn't it pretty?!!

Hope you all have a fun, quilty weekend!! Keep your eye out for a special post showing all the secret projects that I have been working on!! I'll see you when I return from retreat!!

6 comments:

  1. Loved hearing from you again and seeing all your great photos. I guess your son will be home from Delaware soon. Enjoy the retreat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snack quilts look great and after finishing them up you deserve a nice drinky :)
    I can't wait to see you next week!
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to photos of retreat projects! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see you "secret" projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we're all in the same boat Michelle. Lots of quiet blogs out there while life has been happening. I'm bummed about getting to the retreat two days after you girls but better to have "some" retreat than none, right? See you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!