Friday, May 29, 2009

Lost and Found

I have one more retreat story to share with you. Like most quilters/crafters would do, I took a project with me to work on while on the plane and during layovers (I had lots of long layovers!). I took a little bag filled with embroidery projects and I accomplished a lot of stitching! I finished two of the Christmas Wish BOMs and one block from the Quilter's Blessing BOM. I was so proud of myself!

I arrived home late on Sunday night, so it wasn't until sometime on Monday that I started to unpack my carry on bag. Suddenly, I realized the little bag with my embroidery projects was not in my carry on bag! WHAT!!! I started frantically searching everywhere, but I knew it was not there! I knew I must have left it on the airplane somehow. So I called Southwest Airlines, checked the Boise Airport website for Lost and Found info and finally was hooked up with Southwest's baggage claim office at the airport. I told her I'd left something on the airplane and she took all my information, then asked me to describe the bag. As soon as I gave her the description, she said, "Oh, I have that right here!" Whew!!! She said they could only hold it for 5 days, so I needed to make plans to travel to Boise right away!! I think most of you can relate to how happy I felt to have that little bag back in my hands. :)


Here are pics of my finished stitcheries that were once lost, but are now found!
Christmas Wish BOM -- Blocks 2 and 3

Quilter's Blessing BOM -- Block 11

Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

  1. You are so lucky!! The quilt goddess was smiling on you and taking care of your projects. Hooray for the airline!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so good. So glad you got all your pretties back! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I know those aren't lifetime projects Michelle, but they're still things you worked on and would hate to lose. I'm so glad you found them and have them back. They're all very cute!! (I love happy endings.) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Beautiful* stitching, and how wonderful that you got them back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you got your goodie bag back!!! I would be devastated if I lost my stitcheries ;) Nice job on your blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY....You did a great job on the blocks and knowing they might have been lost would have been devastating....

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you were able to get your blocks back! My heart sunk when I read that you couldn't find them. I've been there. They all look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for finding the lost!! A little miraculous, I'd say!! Love the blocks,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew, that was a close one! I would have been frantic to lose something like that, so dear to my heart. Glad all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my gosh! I'm so glad that you got your projects back! It would've been terrible if they had been lost forever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stitchery blocks are adorable! I'm so glad they made it back home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!