Saturday, June 06, 2009

Another UFO off the list

Way back at the New Year, I signed up for a UFO challenge with a Yahoo group I am part of. I made a list of 15 items and this is the fourth finish from that list. The contest ends on June 30th...I don't think I'll be winning any awards, but I'm happy with the four finishes! I modified this turkey wallhanging to better fit a quilt hanger in my kitchen. I needed it a bit longer than the original pattern. He's pretty cute, if I do say so...I love those "Straddling..." patterns. I've made the snowman one too. If you look, you can see Quilt Inspector, Smokey, sleeping on the job. That's okay...it's Saturday, everyone needs a day off. :)

Here's a close up of Sleeping Smokey...he really likes this spot because of the lamp on my cutting table. It's nice and warm right there.


Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

  1. The turkey wallhanging is really cute! Smokey is pretty cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smokey, you are so cute! Michelle, I'm intrigued by the machine quilting on this turkey wall-hanging -- all those little swirls. It must have taken some time. Did you do it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turkey is adorable. You did a terrific job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the turkey quilt! Smokey is just too cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I love the turkey..... what a great holiday decoration. Your Smokey reminds me of my Smokey....... that is her favorite position LOL

    Quilty hugs!!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Another UFO finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your UFO is great and you are way ahead of schedule for Thanksgiving! Smokey looks very cozy and is dreaming of tuna fish I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cats are always under my quilting lamp. Smokey is adorable and the turkey is pretty darn cute too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute turkey! Congrats on your finishes!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!