Saturday, July 11, 2009

Apparently I took a blogging break....

Wow, I can't believe my last blog post was June 17th! It is just amazing how fast time flies! We've had a fun-filled summer though, doing lots of fun activities including camping and river rafting!

I haven't been sewing much though...I guess I've been in a bit of a slump. I'm sure my quilting mojo will be back soon! I have been doing a little embroidery, which is very enjoyable.

For those of you familiar with the military lifestyle, summer is generally "move" season. Lots of folks in my neighborhood are leaving or have already left. Saying goodbye to so many good friends really starts getting a person down! You'd think after 24 years that I would get used to it, but I'm not. It's still hard. I wouldn't trade it for anything though, I've made so many good friends over the years!

Here's a few pictures of what I've been up to!

I made this pillow for Robin's birthday. She loves all things halloweenie, so I thought it would be perfect for her.



These are blocks 11 and 12 of the Quilter's Blessing Block of the Month. I've decided I'm done! There were 4 bonus blocks, but I precut all the muslin when I started stitching these and I do not have enough matching muslin for the bonus blocks. I'm happy with these 12 though, and have the first 6 already set into the top. I just need to do the final six!




This is block 5 from the Christmas Wish BOM...I'm loving these! I'm almost done with #6 too.

This is a picture of my garden! :) We can't plant things in the ground here on base, for a couple of different reasons. So I planted two things in containers. I love fresh tomatoes!

Here are the first few tomatoes growing quite nicely!


This is the my first attempt at growing peppers...there is just one growing so far, but a couple more flowers so I'm hopeful for more!



And last, but not least...I won Christie's giveaway! She made this cute tote bag...I just love it!

There's a few more pictures from camping and river rafting, but I'll save those for another day...this post is getting long enough!
Check out this blog: http://relish.typepad.com/relish/ She is a friend of a friend and is trying to spread the word and get a few more visitors to stop by. :) She has some cute pictures and projects to look at.
Happy Quilting!




11 comments:

  1. LOVE your quilters' BOM blocks that you showed. I see you have been in the military (hubby, actually) for 24 years. Does that mean in another year he will be retiring and you'll be settling down to civilian life? I'm just curious as to what area of the country will become your permanent home at that time? (Would love for it to be in MY area of the country so I could get to meet you, of course!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Halloweenie pillow is very cute! So glad you are getting to enjoy some of the summer...sounds like you have had a few adventures so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, Robin, no wonder you haven't been doing any quilt-making!
    "Creativity" is the buzz-word, and you've surely been busy at that. Lovely handwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOOOOOOPS! I meant to type "Michelle" but you all knew that, right?
    I should have previewed before posting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilters blessing blocks. Cute bag you won on Christies blog....
    Glad to see you're back among the living in blogland...missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back :) Love your stitcheries!! Such nice embroidery work. And your garden! There is nothing like homegrown tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pillow is adorable, and your stitcheries look great. I wish I would have done the Quilter's Blessing blocks - they are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started the Christmas Love BOM but am now lagging behind in stitching. Cute pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics Michelle!! Did I mention that I LOVE MY PILLOW???? I still have it out on my sofa from the end of last month ;) If I procrastinate with putting it away, it'll be October before I know it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you might've missed a couple of weeks but you made up for it!!! :o) Love the stitcheries and the pillow and the tomatoes and peppers look great. I practically killed mine with too much water but I'm still getting tomatoes. Hang in there on the feeling down. I'm sure it will pass if it hasn't already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:46 PM

    Enjoy reading your blog and seeing the things you make.
    Where can I find the patterns for the bom embroidery quilting blocks?
    Thanks for your help, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!