Monday, July 27, 2009

Some WIP's to show ya...and other pics too.

What a crazy summer this has been. It's going by so quickly too! I can't believe July is almost over. It's been a whirlwind the last few weeks as we've been enjoying the last few weeks with good friends before they move on to their next great Air Force adventure. We've had lots of BBQ's and RockBand nights and also squeezed in a couple of camping trips....anything we can to spend a little extra time with these families before they leave. It's been fun and sad at the same time, but we don't say goodbye in the Air Force, just "see you later." It's a small Air Force world and you just never know when our paths might cross again.

I actually had some time to sew this week! Peggy, Robin, and I challenged ourselves to finish 3 "Christmas in July" projects...well, here it is July 29th and I'm still pluggin' along on the first of my three projects. But I'm happy to say that the top of this table topper is all done! It's the "Delightful" pattern by Pieces from my Heart. It was made with the Merry & Bright charm pack. With any luck, I'll finish at least ONE Christmas in July project before July is over!



I've also been working on a couple of embroidery projects. Here are Block 6 & 7 from the Christmas Wish Block of the Month:





I also started another new project! It's called Busy Little Christmas Elves. It's a pattern also by Gail Pan (designer of the Christmas Wish BOM). Here is my first little elf!


Here is our new toy...we decided to make the jump from tent camping to trailer camping! Now, Conni and Laura seem to think it's not real camping if there is A/C and "indoor" plumbing...but I say it's roughin' it if I don't have my sewing machine with me. :) What do you think? Wait 'til my hubby hears I need a mini sized sewing machine for the camper. heehee....




The sunset was beautiful...much more colorful than the picture shows...
I had a anonymous visitor ask me about the Quilter's Blessing BOM. Here is the link to the designer, Capricorn Quilts. She has a nice offer for the BOM, now that it has ended and no longer online.

Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

  1. Love that "Merry and Bright" piece! I have the pattern (somewhere...) but haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pieces in progress you have shown us and how WONDERFUL to get that neat trailer for camping. ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trailer is beautiful, but certainly not "rough"!! LOL!!! Being without a sewing machine, I guess, would qualify as roughing-it!! Congrats on the new family toy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects!!! Sounds like your summer has been busy but fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitching is beautiful, I am working on mine but have a long way to go :) I think I have that ornament pattern somewhere, I love it and now I need to go look for it lol!!! I was just thinking today that I am ready for a trailer, I will still "tent camp" when I backpack so I think I deserve a trailer the rest of the time lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Michelle, you have been busy. Love the stitcheries and the trailer looks perfect. Gotta have some comfort out in the woods! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL @ the mini camping sewing machine!

    I love your Christmas wish BOM. That is going to be so cute! The elves look fun, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!