Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back to school....

It's that time again. Time for Zach to go back to school. I'm going to travel with him to help with the driving and then I'll fly home next weekend. We've been working the last couple of days packing his things and getting ready for the trip. I don't know if this will ever get easier....it's always hard to say goodbye! We had lots of fun this summer...whitewater rafting, camping, hiking, dirtbike riding (not me!). This picture was taken on a hike in the Sierra Nevada Mountains at a 9000' peak called "Inspiration Point."

Not much sewing going on the last few days, but I did make this mini fabric basket. I basically altered the pattern by Pink Peguin by making it smaller. It measures about 4" and is round in shape. I filled it with bite size candy bars and I'm giving it as a hostess gift for a casual dinner party we are attending tonight. I hope she likes it!! :)
I also wanted to thank everyone for entering my giveaway! I am amazed at the response. I'm sorry I did not respond to everyone. I'll pick the winner tonight when we get back from dinner!! Good luck!!
Hope you all have a fun, quilty weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I see from your profile that you like cross stitching too Thought I'd let you know that I have a nice sized Christmas freebie that I have put up for everyone. Look forward to you stopping
    by! Enjoy!

    Leeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip with Zach. The basket is really cute and how nice to fill it with candy for the hostess gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't those bags fun to make? Your hostess will love it...I mean what's not to love, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea for a little hostess gift. I may have to copy you...

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!