Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Family Fun

Last week, we met up with my side of the family for a long weekend of camping and fun times. We camped at Lake Alpine, which is in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California. It is absolutely beautiful! 'Course, I guess I'm a bit partial, since I grew up just 30-40 minutes from there! It's just a bit southwest of the Reno/Lake Tahoe area. Truly beautiful country and not what most people think of when they think of California!

This is my beautiful family...I'm so glad both kids were able to join us! It's getting harder and harder to get everyone together!

This is EVERYONE! :) I have two brothers and one sister, they are in this picture with their spouses and children...and our mom!


This is mom with all her grandkids...like I said, it's harder and harder to get the older ones all together. They range from age 3 to age 22!

Some nice views of the lake and mountains....









Hopefully I'll have some sewing/quilting/embroidery pics to share with you this week!
hmm...I just noticed that this is my 149th post! I think a giveaway is in order for my 150th...don't you??? :) Stay tuned...

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful views Michelle...
    Sounds like you had a great time.
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful setting for those great family pictures! Looks like it was a very nice time for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Looks like a great trip in a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics Michelle! Looks like you had a wonderful vacation with your family! And congrats on your "almost 150" post! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun!! I love the Sierras, we used camp there when I was growing up. Now I do mostly backpacking up there...your pictures are making me want to plan my next trip! You have a beautiful family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, I love this area. my husband is from Penn Valley, CA. about an hour south of Tahoe. every time we fly out, we plan 2 days for tahoe and 2 for Reno. i'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like such fun. Our family camps at Virginia Lakes (in the Sierras) each summer. The scenery is so stunning, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!