Wednesday, September 16, 2009

broken record....

Even though I sound like a broken record, I'll say it again! I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted! Why is time flying by so quickly??

Let's see, after my last post, I left with my son Zach to help him drive his car across country back to college. We stopped and visited with a couple friends along the way and all in all had a great trip.

Almost as soon as I returned, we packed up and camped over the long Labor Day weekend. We are really enjoying our new camper and hope to get a couple more trips in before the colder weather sets in.

I've been squeezing in a little embroidery here and there but nothing finished to show you just yet. Monday I actually turned on my machine and sewed! I put together a mini quilt top. I joined a Block of the Month Mini Club from Temecula Quilt Company. This one is from Lori Smith's Fat Quarter Quilts called Puzzling the Old Maid or something like that! The top measures approx 18" x 22" and those are 1" HST. Tiny!!
I even pieced the back by using up the last of the scraps from the quilt kit. I'm not sure which side I like best! :)

Now that fall seems to be approaching, I know I will be sewing more. I can feel it! :)
Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. This is lovely, and you did your own version of "back art". That makes it reversible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sides are absolutely gorgeous. 1" HSTs???? Wow!

    Yes, the weeks seem to just fly by these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mini! I'm glad you are back safely from your cross-country trip, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mini quilt looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mini, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You 'sew' girl! It's really cute Michelle. I haven't done either of the kits I bought from this shop on the quilter's run and they're just mini's like what you made!! You're a goooood girl Michelle!
    Glad you are home safe and sound. And I know what you mean about time flying. I think I'm going to make my Christmas list this week! July and August were just blips that flew by. I gotta get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popping in to say hello. Happy sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are tiny little triangles! I feel faint just thinking of it! : )

    You did a beautiful job though! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!